Three Birds With One Stone!

Happy Sunday, everyone!
In a time long gone (and I mean a seriously long time ago) I was hit in the schnozzle with some very good news - yours truly was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Three of them! I'm still reeling from the shock and pure ecstasy of having been considered worthy of this award by my fellow bloggers. The nominations arrived at a time when my blog hadn't even turned one, so you could imagine the last thing on my mind back then was Bring On The Ink receiving such appreciation! It just goes to show how wonderful the book blog community is! 

I'd like to thank Laetitia from Flurried Thoughts Called Book Reviews (she's got a really cute blog!) Tiana from Ethereal Book Reviews (I've collaborated with her in a book giveaway; she's amazing!) and Ruby from Feed Me Books Now (one of my first acquaintances in the book blogosphere!). 

Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)

4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Questions from the nominators:

Laeititia:

1. What is your favourite book of all time and why?
It's agonizingly hard to pick one favourite book, because Tolkien's written a bunch, but I think I can safely settle for The Return Of The King, book three of The Lord Of The Rings. Why? Because as John Green so appropriately says, "Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” This book filled me with said evangelical zeal. It's perfect in the way nothing can ever be. Also because Tolkien is - Tolkien. 
2. Would you go to your favourite place in the world alone or stay at home with your best friends?

I would pack my suitcase and head to my favourite place in the world! I love travelling (and my best friends too, but gosh, I love travelling!)
3. What books can you see getting made into movies?

Under The Never Sky! Burn For Burn! Fangirl! I've even spent some time thinking up a dream cast for each!
4. Who are your top three book boyfriends?

*squeals* NO. This is hard. I'll try my level best. In no particular order: Adrian from Vampire Academy and Bloodlines, Warner from Shatter Me, and Leo from Heroes Of Olympus!
5. If you were to write a book what would be your main characters' names?

The protagonist would be Etheria. Then there'd be Charis, Lavender, Preid, Shiver, and Narsis.
6. Print or eBook?

Print to the max! Got nothing against eBooks, though!
7. What's your favourite pastime apart from reading and reviewing?

Stargazing - there's something simultaneously quaint, ethereal, and mindblowing about the realms of planets and stardust above us.
8. Samsung Galaxy or Iphone 5?

I'm an Android chic through and through!
9. What got you into blogging?

Reading and writing are two of my favourite things so the notion of actually writing about what I'm reading was what propelled me into book review blogging!
10. What book character can you relate to?

A book character who's not necessarily the same age as me, or going through an experience I might have had, but one whose thoughts travel along the same wavelength that mine do!
11. Oreos in milk: To dip or not to dip?

I say dunk it!
  
Tiana:

1. What kind of books do you like to read?
 Fiction! I'm especially a huge fan of historical fiction, epic fantasy, and magic realism!
2. Are you usually organized?
Erm...*glances at the junk languidly sprawled on my floor like it owns the place*... no.
3. Who's your favourite author?
J.R.R Tolkien. No one gets close. Never ever.
4. How tall are you? (just to figure out whether I'm short or not :P)
5 feet, 3 inches!
5. What are your hobbies?
Primarily reading, writing, blogging, fangirling, watching football, listening to rock, and skywatching!
6. Do you like stickers?
If they're good-looking, then yes!
7. Are these questions getting boring? (I'm really running out of them!)
No, no!
8. Which is your favourite Disney character?
Hercules!
9. Canada or the United States?
In terms of travelling, the U.S.
10. If you wrote a book, what would the title be?
The Ever-So Peachy Life Of A Wannabe Llama (I'm not sure where that even came from...)
11. Can you think of better questions than these?
 Yeah, I guess. These were great though! 

(I've scoured Ruby's blog but can't find her questions; as soon as I do, this post will be updated!)

11 Facts About Myself:
1. I love everything equestrian.
2. One of my biggest dreams is to attend a war reenactment. Particularly a medieval one.
3. Vintage freak.
4. I like Greek, Roman and Norse mythology the best.
5. My favourite person in the world is Alex Turner, lead vocalist of The Arctic Monkeys.
6. I'm into paleontology. Go ahead, call me weird, but c'mon Land Before Time was epic!
7. My dreams are very strange. Truly.
8. I want to visit New Zealand some day so I could pretend I'm traversing across Middle-earth.
9. I'm a fangirl by profession.
10. The scariest moment in my life was when I was stung on the ankles by a jellyfish while on vacation. I remember bawling my eyes out and thinking I'd be disabled for life.
11. There's a special place in my heart for hand-written letters.

Questions For My Nominees:
1. Which book did you read in your childhood that's stayed in your heart through the years?
2. Imagine walking into a drugstore and seeing one of your favourite characters there. What would your first reaction be?
3. Who is the one author you would love to take a selfie with?
4. What's your sense of humour like?
5. Is there any place where you're not comfortable reading?
6. Three bookish pet peeves?
7. What came first - the chicken or the egg?
8. One character you initially liked but later started disliking?
9. Which world would you rather go to: Neverland or Narnia?
10. What is your Patronus?
11. What skill do you want to acquire before the year is over?

My nominees are listed below, in no particular order. I nominate them because their blogs are beautiful and their posts fresh, original, and fun to read. They deserve recognition!

Athina @ Between My Lines
Ilina @ A Book Lover's Ramblings
Kat @ The Realm Of Books
Mary @ Young Adult Fantasy Novels
Izy @ A Fortress Of Books
Sandee @ Book Ramblings Of A Whimsical Reader
Caitlin @ Caitlin King's Blog
Louisa @ A Novel Adventure 
Isabelle @ Isabelle Adrid 
Kimmy and Rinny @ Opinionated Cupcakes  
Nikki @ Love At First Write

 




4 comments:

Epsita said...

Hi Erfa,
Nice blog...visiting you from Bloggers.com
If you feel like we can connect with each other, please visit me @ Epsita.blogspot.com

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

I’d looove for you to peruse our 25 blogs;
however, lemme first explain sumtin:
My solemn duty, dear, is to serve and honor you…

I looove to giveth unto thee ideas,
thots you never thot of:
the picturesque protagonist, par excellence,
the non-perishables, the luxurious ditzy-glitz:
the generous, undiluted expansion of d’bizarre;
the epic endoorphins – an open door to an
onomatopoeia Vernacular,
from the high-flying, barnstorming,
toxic firewurKS from yeee-haw KS
taking you in a completely new direction
than where you originally planned!!
O! the mind doth boggle, girly-whirly!!

Why else does a moth fly FROM the night
than to a bold, attractive candle Light??
Don’t let His extravagant Brilliance be extinguished.
You’re creative, yes?
Then, fly-away with U.S. to the antidote…

Whether you obtain morality4mortality to wiseabove
or just glean tantalizing specimens for thy next best seller,
you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this sinfull mortal yeeeeers to compile:
I lay it ALL out for you, dear, with All-Star-Oxygems:

Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no zooillogical-expiration-date?
An IQ much higher than K2?
An extraordinarily, anti-establishment-victory
With both sardonic, satirical wit Who’s savvy
and avant-guarde-humility??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with a most-excellent-detector of bull§ht):

“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love –
jump into faith…
and you’ll VitSee with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.

Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a super-passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big-Zaftig-House.

PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
-our Lord Jesus to Saint Gertrude

Eric walker said...

Christmas wishes for teachers
happy valentines day song
happy ndw year sms

Anonymous said...

Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
Shanti Luxuria
Parvati Heights
Aditya Paraiso
Versatile Valley
Cosmos Meluha
Green Avenue

Post a Comment