Friday Finds is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading where we showcase the books we found over the week and added to our To Be Read list.

This week, I managed to come across some contemporary titles. I figured I've been engrossed in a lot of fantasy and sci-fi, so I went on the hunt for something in the contemporary genre. Here are the books that caught my eye this week:

Never Enough - Denise Jaden
Published July 10th 2012 by Simon Pulse 

This one has been the subject of a decent number of rave reviews - lots of reviewers have gone on about how this book took them on a highly emotional ride. You can check out the synopsis here, it's great. And the cover isn't too bad either, is it?





What Happens Next - Colleen Clayton
Published October 9th 2012 by Poppy (Little Brown Books for Young Readers)

What Happens Next was all the rage when it released in October. I'm particularly willing to read this one because so many of its readers (95%, to quote some stats) liked the book. One reviewer even went as far as to label it "earth-shattering" with "very raw emotions". It's received five-star ratings all around, and I'm pretty confident this is a story I'm going to enjoy. Here's the blurb



The Sky Is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson

Published March 9th 2010 by Dial

The Sky Is Everywhere is Jandy Nelson's debut novel. It's got the elements of death and music incorporated, which struck me as cool. It's also nailed a bunch of literary awards, including YALSA Best Fiction For Young Adults (2011) and Chicago Public Library Best Of The Best Book Of 2010, which struck me as cooler. Even Tahereh Mafi's raved about this book - check out her real sweet review here. For those you aren't aware, Tahereh Mafi is the author of Shatter Me, and that is one dystopian book you can't miss. Here's part of what she wrote for Jandy:

I think your words are incredible. I thought your story was painfully beautiful. I laughed out loud and held back tears and swallowed the tangible emotions tumbling through your prose. I wanted to catch the words as they fell from your book. I wondered forever what it'd be like to vacuum up the horizon.
....Thank you for reminding me why writers are so important.

THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE broke my heart and stitched it back together with guitar strings.

You are incredible in so many ways.


Wow, right? Tahereh Mafi's review has made me pretty desperate to grab a copy of this book and drown myself in it. :)

So that's it for this week's Friday Finds. Send in your feedback on my finds, and if you have read any of the aforementioned books, I'd love to know your thoughts on them! What books did you find this week?  

 






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your lovely post on my blog!
Your blog is adorable, so cute! :3 <3
I really want to get my hands on What Happens Next, it looks awesome. :D

Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

Erfa said...

Hi Tiffa!

It was my pleasure. :) Awwww, thanks for the blog compliment! :D
I hope you acquire a copy of What Happens Next soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

Love,
Erfa

Post a Comment