Hosted by Should Be Reading, Friday Finds is a weekly meme that features new books that we've discovered over the week.

This week was a very fruitful one for me - in bookish terms, anyway. I managed to acquire a bunch of books from my to-read list, like The Mark Of Athena (finally!), Whispers In Autumn by Trisha Leigh, Alice In Zombieland, and What's Left Of Me by Kat Zhang.

Along the way, I also came across some new titles that I want to read. Here they are!


Crewel (Crewel World # 1) by Gennifer Albin

This one was published on the 4th of October this year. Here's what drove me to add this book to my to-reads shelf:

1. The cover. Woah. I just love the artwork.
2. The synopsis I read on Goodreads. You can check it out here. It's really interesting. 
3. The cover. Again.
4. The rave reviews. One of my favourite authors, Jennifer Armentrout, gave it a five-star rating. That's convinced me enough. 
5. Did I mention the cover?

There's even an excerpt available for free -the first five chapters- but I don't want to read it at the moment because then I'm pretty sure I'd be dying to get the novel. I can wait. I can wait.

  


The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin

The Synopsis

Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong.

  
From some stats I checked out, 90% of those who read The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer liked it. 41% gave 5-star ratings and only 2% gave it a 1 out of five. I really want to try this one soon. The second book, The Evolution Of Mara Dyer, releases October 23rd! And the third, The Retribution Of Mara Dyer releases in the fall season of 2013.  

What do you think of the cover? It's pretty...surreal.



Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange #1) by Lesley Livingston

Next up is an urban fantasy novel featuring fairies. This one got mixed reviews, but I'm still willing to try it out. I hope it doesn't let me down.

Check out the synopsis and reviews from readers here.








Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Shroeder

This one's the last of this week's Friday Finds. It's realistic fiction. Death. Poetry. Paranormal. I read the synopsis on Goodreads here, and was entralled. It sounds like an elegant read, and I can't wait to read it. 

Here are a couple of  Chasing Brooklyn quotes I found (on Goodreads) that are sure to enthrall you too.
“Another long run, hoping to put distance between me and everything else. The farther, the better. Only problem is, the distance is just temporary, because no matter how far I go, I always have to come back.”
 “Right and wrong
Black and white
And many shades
Of gray
I want color in my life
Color in my dreams.”

“Sometimes life is a feast with eggs Benedict & hollandaise sauce, waffles & strawberries, sausage links & hashed brown potatoes. And sometimes life is scrambled eggs. In the end, your stomach gets full all the same. And years from now, you may not remember exactly what you ate.”

 What's your opinion of my finds? Share with me those titles you discovered this week! Have a happy weekend!




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great finds! I'm really excited to read Crewel :D I'll have to look up the others!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Sarah @ TotalTeenFiction

Erfa said...

Hi Sarah!
Yeah, everyone's raving about Crewel! I NEED to check it out!
It was a pleasure! Thanks for dropping by here too! :D

Love,
Erfa

Post a Comment